Do Not Plead Guilty
Some people do not see the value of having a Driving Under the Influence (DUI) attorney. Whenever someone is charged with it, they plead guilty and accept whatever penalties are handed to them. This is a misconception.
Having a DUI lawyer will provide you with excellent legal advice. Their role is to make sure that the conclusion of the settlement or court case is in your favor. DUI lawyers can do this by building a strong defense against your case.
Suppose you are charged with driving under the influence. In that case, your best course of action is to have a DUI attorney who has the expertise and the experience in dealing with such cases. The Snader Law Group in Phoenix, Arizona, specializes in criminal defense cases such as DUIs.
What Can A DUI Lawyer Do?
It would be best if you considered seeking help from a DUI lawyer. They will direct you to the correct course of action and help reduce the penalties if you are caught driving under the influence. Lawyers who specialize in DUI cases have the experience and the track record in giving you the strongest defense in court.
More often than not, insurance companies would prefer and advise you to admit responsibility. However, this might not be in your best interest.
Here’s how DUI lawyers are essential.
- Representing yourself could lead you to risk saying things that the court could hold against you. Hiring a DUI lawyer means that your representation is a legal virtuoso who will work to have the best outcome for you. Prosecutors tend to do some hard grilling in court. If you represent yourself, what you say may negatively impact and devalue your defense claim in court.
- Phoenix DUI attorneys have experience and knowledge with local courts, local law, and court systems. Not all attorneys have the same experience and types of cases they take on. Choosing an attorney with the right background and competency is essential. You can tap on their wealth of experience in handling DUI cases in the area to your advantage.
- DUI cases are complex, with various procedures and deadlines. When representing yourself, you might miss out on a specific deadline or fail to submit proper documentation. DUI attorneys can develop a solid defense that will help you in court if you are charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- DUI lawyers can minimize charges. Should you be convicted, a DUI attorney can negotiate to lessen your charge not to impact your employment or hurt your credit.
By hiring a criminal defense attorney, you get better chances in your DUI case.
What If I Don’t Get A DUI Lawyer?
A DUI charge could lead to some dire results and repercussions such as:
- jail time
- confiscation of your driver’s license or license suspension
- compulsory completion of an alcohol or drug addiction treatment program
- community service
- an ignition interlock device (installed in your vehicle at your expense)
The risk of all these will surely merit hiring a DUI lawyer so you can have a successful defense and favorable outcome in court.
While self-representation is allowed and you have every right to do just that, it might not be the best way to go about your DUI charge. For one, trials are challenging to navigate, especially if you are not familiar. Extensive experience in handling such cases has a high probability of succeeding. Self-representation could jeopardize your chances. Your lack of legal knowledge could be detrimental to your case, and you may even risk the ire of judges who may be impatient with people unfamiliar with the law.
You are not alone in facing a DUI case, and we are here to help. If you have any questions, contact Snader Law Group for a free consultation.
Can I Get Out of A DUI Dismissed?
Driving Under the Influence is a serious crime, and Arizona drunk driving laws will apply. However, people seldom carry this out with malicious intent.
Experienced Phoenix DUI lawyers can reduce the consequences of an Arizona DUI or Driving While Impaired (DWI) or, better, dismiss the case. Some practical defenses that a DUI lawyer may present include:
- The police have directed you to pull over without probable cause.
- The nature of you being pulled over is discriminatory and sans legal justification, such as due to the driver’s race, sex, age, or sexual preference.
- You already pulled off the road to sleep off, and that you did not have ongoing physical control of the vehicle when the police approached.
- The arresting officer was unable to deliver or interpret the Field Sobriety Test correctly.
- The police were unable to grant you immediate access to a phone and the opportunity to call a lawyer, which is a denial of the right to counsel
- The BAC testing device was inaccurate, and the breath test has produced an erroneous result.
In DUI or DWI cases in Arizona, the burden of proof lies with the prosecuting attorney. This implies that the prosecutor must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were:
- In control of a vehicle in motion or that you were driving
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- A valid Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) that surpasses legal limits
The judge would be unable to convict if the prosecutor is unable to prove these factors. Arizona DUI lawyers are skilled in evaluating the validity of the breathalyzer or blood test. They can develop a sound and valid defense to help you steer clear from jail time and fines. In some instances, you may also be qualified for deferred prosecution.
Choose Experienced Criminal Defense Attorneys for DUI Cases
As in all court cases, outcomes are not guaranteed, and you might also be thinking about the costs of hiring a DUI lawyer. However, when you consider the risks that could go along with it, the cost of hiring a DUI lawyer in Arizona far outweighs the consequences of not having proper legal representation.
Phoenix DUI lawyer Howard Snader has the experience and the vigor to protect you from incurring the maximum penalties for DUI charges. If you or someone you know is arrested for DUI, it is best to contact us immediately.